Nyeri town member of Parliament Ngunjiri Wambugu writes “Tangatanga MPs would want us to believe that President Uhuru Kenyatta and Deputy President William Ruto are working together. But are they?
1. The President supports the ‘Building Bridges Initiative’ 100%. The DP and his allies are undermining it, 100%.
2. The President is 100% committed to the fight against corruption and public theft. He has also publicly stated he has full faith in the DCI & DPP. The DP and his allies believe the fight against corruption is political. They also believe the DPP & DCI are incompetent, and on a witch-hunt.
3. The President has stated publicly that he does not want premature presidential campaigns. The DP and his allies have been running a fully-fledged presidential campaign since immediately after the last election.
4. The President is urging Kenyans to register on NIIMS (Huduma No) to help the government integrate public records. The DP actually refused to participate in the national launch of the process. His allies are fighting it directly and indirectly.
5. The President wants one of his legacies to be a nation where Kenyans live together peacefully despite political competition. The DP’s allies are threatening ‘consequences’ if the DP is not elected.
These are the five things the President is clearly committed to. They are the basis of achieving the ‘Big4’ agenda.
The DP can still change direction, even today. But clearly as of right now he & the President are not reading from the same script on each issue; & publicly.”