Isiolo’s Young Stars will face Supersolico from Mwingi in the Eastern region final of the Chapa Dimba Na Safaricom youth tournament.
Young Stars beat Embu’s Triumph Boys 2-0 while Mwingi’s Supersolico overcame Moyale’s Samba Boys beating them 3-2
In the girls’ category, Makueni’s St. Mary’s Ndovea thrashed Saku Queens from Marsabit three goals to nil while Chuka Starlets from Meru South were 2:1 winners against Karugwa Queens from Meru Central.
“The game was tough but we braced the hot weather to win. We train together as a team and that is our secret to a good game. We are looking forward to a win tomorrow”, said – Ali Nasri, Captain Supersolico FC.
The winners in tomorrow’s finals will each receive a cash reward of KES 200,000 and proceed to the national finals set for June 2019 at Kinoru Stadium, Meru.
“The journey has been tough and long but eventually we are here with a victory. We expect a tough battle tomorrow against Young Stars but we believe it is our season,” said Benard Mudachi, Coach Supersolico FC.
At the grand finale where the winning boys’ and girls’ teams will each walk away with KES 1 million shillings in prize money.
This year, an All-star team will be also selected from the 8 regional finals to attend a training camp in Spain during which they will play against local youth sides.
1. St. Mary’s Nduvea 3:0 Sakuu Queens
St. Mary’s Nduvea (3)
• Daisy Chirchir – 37th Minute and 38th Minute
• Hensley Nuru – 59th Minute
2. Karugwa Queens 1:2 Chuka Starlets
Chuka Starlets (2)
• Wanja Rosemary – 85th Minute
• Wanjau Eunice – 89th Minute
Karugwa Queens (1)
• Adhiambo Cynthia – 3rd Minute
1. Samba FC 2: 3 Supersolico
• Nasri Ali – 1st Minute (Penalty)
• Zakayo Eric – 69th Minute
• Malombe Dennis – 87th Minute
Samba FC (2)
• Mohamed Somo – 47th Minute
• Issack Osama Hussein- 93rd Minute
Young Stars 2:0 Triumph Boys
Young Boys (2)
• Dennis Mureithi – 53rd Minute
• Abdisalan Ibrahim – 62nd Minute